Logistics management software helps increase the efficiency and tracking for warehouses. Having shipments arrive on time is important for any company. A portal that makes the tracking process easier is always a desirable way to incorporate better efficiency for your business and keep your customers satisfied.
Anyone who knows the importance of cloud management will appreciate what these systems can do for their company. The greater convenience that these portals offer is impossible to beat. Read on to learn more about what customer portals can do for your company.
Software and Services Related to 3PL Software
There are several types of software and services closely related to 3PL software. These include warehousing and inventory, order fulfillment, packing, and delivery. All of these services are interconnected, with measurable effects on your company’s long-term success.
Warehousing and inventory programs help companies keep closer track of what they have in stock. Order fulfillment services help streamline the ordering and payment processes. Packing and delivery services increase flexibility and customer satisfaction, with 61% of customers open to paying more to receive same-day deliveries, according to QuickBooks Commerce.
Customer portals advantages:
– Real-time information visibility into shipping and delivery
Access to real-time information in shipping and delivery matters to today’s customers. The shipping and delivery business has grown more fast-paced as businesses have expanded into a global market, with increased competition.
– Ability to subscribe to reports and have them sent automatically at any predetermined frequency
Reports play an increasingly important role in gauging the overall health of a business. When you get reports, you can see what is going on, at a glance, that requires further attention from your management and other staff.
– Customized reports
Customizing the reports makes it easier for anyone involved in the decision-making process to make informed choices. A portal system allows those with access to easily find the information required.
– Reduced costs
Cutting costs is crucial for businesses facing challenges because of expenses. The savings that come from 3PL options help companies make more substantial changes where necessary.
– Data protection
Data protection is of vital importance to any business, and 3PL technology helps ensure that this information is always as secure as possible. When you have a secure customer portal, you are in a better position to keep this information safe.
– Ability to provide access to the portal for use by their clients in order to reduce the cost of doing business
Providing a portal can reduce business costs, and only around 11% of companies are converging their channels properly, according to an Accenture study. Correct convergence makes a difference in the overall costs, because employees will spend less time tending to the needs that customers can handle themselves.
– Ability to obtain historical information on inventory, orders, shipments, etc.
Access to historical information helps with organization and also provides a way to look back at what has worked previously. Decision-makers can find ways to improve by utilizing historical information, as well as review what has worked in the past.
5 useful methods to implementing portals into 3Pl Operators’ Market
- Learn more about your customers’ expectations first – Understanding what your customers want and need is vital to making sure that your portal’s implementation goes well. Your implementation process will go more smoothly when you can predict possible problems. All of the functions that portals are used for have potential problems that users might encounter.
- Build up content for the portal’s Knowledge Base – If you have enough articles written before you launch the portal, you will help 70% of customers who want self-service options, according to SysAid, meet their goals. The sooner users become acclimated to the portal, the smoother the overall implementation process will be.
- Utilize search tools for your articles – When consumers can find the information that they need quickly, using jargon-free terms, the portal will be more likely to become a success. Users who have an easier way of navigating the portal will benefit the most from its features.
- Allow early users to test out your portal – Making your portal available to a smaller group of users before the general public has access will help you spot any potential problems. Because testing makes such a vital part of the implementation process, you will benefit from allowing testing so that you may address any feedback received.
- Have a marketing plan in place – When you have a solid marketing plan, you will stand a better chance of attracting users versus expecting them to know to look for it. A marketing plan goes perfectly well with the implementation efforts.
Customer portals have a lot of unique benefits, including, but not limited to, a more streamlined process for employees and customers. Even though developing a customer portal that works well takes time, the rewards are worth your effort in the long run.
However, your portal’s success is directly related to its implementation. When you take the steps needed to ensure a smoother implementation process, your customer base will appreciate the effort and reward you with their loyalty.
About the Author:
Eisele Candace has 5 years of experience as a freelance technical writer, specializing in content related to IT technologies and web design. Holder of a Master’s degree in Journalism and Public Relations. She also has completed programming courses in “UI / UX design”, iOS and Python in Mansfield, OH.